Monday, March 18, 2013

Seat Belt Extender, who needs one?






Dear Skinny Me, 3/15/13

Hi, I'm on an airplane heading to Chicago and guess what just happened? For the first time, in a loooong time, I didn't have to ask for a seat belt extender. This was the best feeling ever!! It just shows me again that my hard work is really paying off!

Just this past week I had to buy a new bathing suit, in the next size down, and had to buy new biking shorts as well. You know when your spandex is too loose you are doing something right. This was another wonderful moment for me.

The reason I am writing to you about this is because I NEVER want you to forget these two moments. You will never be these sizes again. I will say that again YOU WILL NEVER BE THESE SIZES AGAIN. Pretty cool, huh?

All the sweat and tears has paid off. I want you to NEVER forget how big your smile was when you were able to click your seat belt. It was a big smile and you even said something to the guy next to you on the plane you were so excited. :)

I want you to remember your biking shorts starting to fall down while you were jump roping. You laughed, pulled them back up, and were very excited. It was a great moment.

I am so grateful to you becasue even in your darkest moments you held on, fought hard, and NEVER gave up on me. You perservered and you made it. You look amazing by the way. Even when you didn't have faith in yourself you dug deep and kept fighting and look at you now!! You've hit your goal and are the happiest you've ever been. Be proud of youself because I sure am.

Forever grateful to you,
Not so skinny Melissa

P.S. Today is 3/17/13, two days after I wrote the above letter. We flew home from Chicago today on two different planes. The planes were a lot smaller, so I thought I would have trouble with the seatbelts, but I didn't again. Even on the little puddle jumper where the seatbelts are not as long. It was a little tight, but I could still click it. It was another good day. Remember these days, so you NEVER get back to where you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment