Monday, March 11, 2013

You Seized the Day!!!

Dear Skinny Me,

Yesterday you went to New York City. You were there to see NEWSIES on Broadway. One of the most famous songs from that musical is SEIZE THE DAY. Well, yesterday in New York, you did just that. You SEIZED THE DAY and did not make a trip to the city a reason to be unhealthy.

First off, we parked our car and saw the CAKE BOSS CAFE. Tricia (my daughter)and I are HUGE fans. Tricia saw that one of Buddy's brother-n-laws was in the kitchen. So we ran into the bakery and got a picture with him. It was his Brother-n-law, Mauro. He was really sweet. While there Keith and Tricia decided to get a treat. As a fan of the show I really had convinced myself it was ok to get a treat because when would I EVER be there again, so I asked Mauro which one was the healthiest and was ready to order, but then realized that meeting Mauro was treat enough and didn't order anything. First victory of the day and it wasn't even as hard as I thought it would be. Here is my picture of Mauro and me:



Next, we met up with Parker's (my son) theater group for lunch before the show. We ate a a BBQ place and because we were a group of over 75 people they had pre-ordered the food. Here were the appetizers, fried onions, fried vegetables, fried chicken, and fried shrimp.



Look at that food. That is so gross and just the smell made me sick. I knew ahead of time that I would probably not be able to eat at this restaurant, so I took control of my life and brought my own food. I wrote down everything I was going to eat all day. I even wrote what time I would eat it. I packed my food, snacks, and my drinks. I was in control and I did not let food or circumstances control. I was SEIZING THE DAY.

After lunch we headed to the show and then home. I had made a plan, stuck to it, and today when I weighed in I had lost 4.9 pounds. Did you read that right? 4.9 pounds. That is amazing. I have lost 35 pounds total since starting with Justin on November 5th, 2012. I went from the 270's to the 260's. That made my day. I will NEVER go back to the 270's EVER AGAIN.

I want you to remember this day. As the cast of Newsies sang SEIZE THE DAY you thought about all that you accomplished in that one day. I want you to remember how it was easier to eat healthier than to make excuses as to why it was ok to eat the junk. I want you to remember that you actually realized that the experiences were treats enough for you. I want you to remember how happy you felt at the end of the day when your head hit the pillow. I want you to remember how you felt when you stepped on that scale this morning and saw that you lost 4.9 pounds. Remember how you felt when you said good-bye to the 270's. It was the last time you will EVER weigh that. These are feelings I never want you to forget because I never want you to gain your weight back.

You have hit goal and I can see why. It's because of moments like you had yesterday. You SEIZED THE DAY and I am one more step closer to meeting you because of that. I am looking forward to seeing what this week has to hold. You have learned to KEEP CALM AND SEIZE THE DAY, which is what I'm hoping to incorporate into my life everyday. Thanks for all your hard work and never giving up on me.

Love, not so skinny me,
Melissa





No comments:

Post a Comment